Thursday, May 26, 2011

healthy snacks at home 1

What healthy snacks are out there? There are so many processed food out there, it just makes you wonder what is out there, and that tastes good. My husband and I are out testing possible healthy snacks for us at home, especially the moment we get in the door, our craving for something just hits us. You don't want to have to spend time making something. So for the week, we will try veggie sticks with various dips and see if it will satisfy our cravings, along with which dip will work better.


I've cut up carrot , green peppers and cucumbers into sticks with the following dip choices:
  • Hummus (Store bought, Sabra or Cedar brand - we tend to go with the ones on sale. Tribe brand for some odd reason gave us horrible gas!)
  • Peanut Butter - Jif All Natural (If I need a little more crunch, I tend to use the Super Crunch from Skippy)
  • Light Mayo - Miracle Whip
  • Spinach Dip - I will make a more simple and healthy version than store bought. 
  • Guacamole - I've made a very yummy healthy version with a little kick to it.
Will follow up at a later post with the outcome. Which dip do you prefer?

No comments :

Post a Comment