I didn't know what to make for dinner. As I look in the pantry and fridge, I pulled together the following items:
- Broccoli stalks (I usually like to keep the broccoli stalks and use it for another dish different from the crowns)
- Spinach (I had a little left in the pre-wash package)
- Chicken Breast Tenders (Had to defrost these and season with salt & pepper).
- Garlic cloves (2 cloves smashed)
- Red Pepper flakes
- Chili Paste
- Add about 2 Tbs of olive oil in a saute pan and have it on med-high stovetop.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add garlic cloves once the oil is hot enough.
- Add chicken tenders and saute for about 2-4 minutes
- While the water is boiling, add carrots & the broccoli stalks to the water and let it boil for about 1 minute.
- Drain the carrots & broccoli stalks and add it to the chicken tenders in the saute pan.
- Bring a separate pot of water to a boil (for the pasta).
- Add the red pepper flakes and chili paste.
- Saute for another 4 minutes and add the spinach.
- Close the lid and let simmer for another 6 minutes until chicken is tender. Turn flame off.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta (remember, whole grain pasta takes about 3-4 minutes longer than regular pasta).
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain and add to saute pan. Mix pasta with chicken and vegetable mixture.
|(Resource: Plate from West Elm)|