scents of sense

I've used the original Kenzo for about 10 years. Since it's been discontinued, I've moved on to DKNY's Green Apple Be Delicious Charmingly for the past 3 years. It garnered a number of compliments for me and I'm quite happy with it. It's my go to scent when I head out to meet my girlfriends for brunch or shopping. Green Apple, cucumber, and grapefruit are just a few of the notes in this refreshing scent.

Be Delicious Charmingly, by DKNY

 As my girlfriend and I search a new fragrance for her (particularly to bring out the feminine side of her, and for a night time spritz), I happened upon a pair of fragrance I can't wait to get my hands on.
PureDKNY by DKNY, Burberyy The Beat EDT
PureDKNY by DKNY first grasp my interest in the InStyle magazine. It's simple and sweet scents of Vanilla, Dew-Drop Petal, Lotus Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Freesia, Lush Orchid, White Amber, and Creamy Sandalwood game me a calming femininity that will work perfectly in a relaxing setting.  It may seem ironic, but due to it's feminine nature, I would also use this on cocktail or special evening events such as weddings or company parties that require dress up. Simple, light fabrics and casual attire will work with this scent. Light and pastel colors is key. For evening, dress it up will satin or silk attire.

The Beat Eau de Toilette by Burberry gave me an energetic vibrancy. With its Bergamot, Cardamom, Pink Pepper, Mandarin, Iris, Bluebell, Ceylon Tea, White Musk, Vetiver and Cedarwood notes, it's perfect for daily use out to the city. Perfect with jeans or leather wear in a stylish setting. Black and white works perfectly!
Of course, these are simply my thoughts on how each of these scents will work and whom am I to be the judge of it all? This is purely speaking from my point of view.  And as a common gal, I can't afford to purchase all these in one shot. So these duo scents got on my waiting want list. As days past, JustDeals.com had a special deal for a 2.5 oz (full size) Burberry The Beat EDT with a 1.5 oz body lotion in a cosmetic bag for $36.77. A typical 2.5 oz EDT retails for $78! Of course, I grab the deal! And my first spritz, was at Housing Works' Design on a Dime 2011 event. It's a stylish night and it requires a chic and stylish scent. Perfect timing!

I'm still quite loyal to my Be Delicious Charmingly, but it doesn't hurt to have special days.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment