Thursday, June 9, 2011

eat local & drink global at Greensquare Tavern

It's Thursday morning. Are you thinking of brunch this Saturday already? Well, if so, do I have a place for you. It took awhile for me to get the pics up from my weekend brunch with my pal, but it's finally up and I'm happy to review this experience with those out there interested in my two cents.


Greensquare Tavern's motto on their website is "eat local, drink global". They boasts the following traits:


  • All our produce is organic, and/or locally farmed.




  • All meat and poultry come from animals raised humanely, antibiotic- and hormone- free.




  • All fish and seafood are caught or farm-raised using ocean-friendly, sustainable practices. 




  • Well, I was extremely happy with the waitress that handled our order, who was honest and helpful. I ordered one of her recommendations, the classic Provencale, and it was deli-cious! The poached eggs and plum tomatoes were cooked to perfection with the chives hollandaise sauce tying in all the ingredients sitting on a bed of toast. With the side of rustic potato and sweet potato hash, I ate every morsel on that plate. See for yourself the beauty of it:

    Greensquare Tavern Provencale
    My friend had their Greensquare Vegetable Burger on Seven-grain Bun. The one that caught my attention was the red chili aioli. Anything with aioli is yummy, and adding a kick with the red chili, this should be a winner, and I'm glad to say I am right. My friend loved it, including the fresh greens on the side. I took a taste of the aioli and glad it was the right suggestion to my friend. She ate everything, which is already a rare occurrence, so this must be good!

    Greensquare Tavern's Greensquare Vegetable Burger on Seven-grain Bun
    I am just surprised this place has yet to receive the hype it deserves. The place is clean, the service is good and the food speaks for itself. When I first arrived at noon, there was only one other table occupied. It definitely deserves more for their help in the local farmers and economy, as well as their dedication to their food.

    Enough about their food. The space was decent, in terms of decor. I liked the gallery of mirrors with photographs on their walls. The back skylight and old-school fireplace does give the place a nice little charm.

    Greensquare Tavern
    If you need to find a place for brunch this weekend, check this place out. They also have a special going on, a $20 Prix Fix Brunch Menu, which includes an entree and (2) drink from a choice of mimosa, bellini or bloody mary. You won't be disappointed.

    And last, please excuse the poor quality of my images, since I didn't have my Canon DSLR with me, so I just used my phone. 

    No comments :

    Post a Comment