Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, to all the daddies in the world.

Last night, while trying to sleep, I suddenly thought back about the time when I was four years old. I know it's weird that I still remember, but it's the truth. There's always images in my head from the past and I guess that's what memories are - images from your past that pops up unexpectedly or on purpose. Well, I remember when I was younger, I was Daddy's little girl. I was the youngest, at least until my younger siblings came along; which I am grateful for and thank God everyday for a wonderful family. Back to my story. My Dad worked long hours and sometimes when I haven't seen him for some time, since he's back to work early in the morning, I would wait up for him, even though I'm suppose to be asleep. I just remembered this one time, I waited up for my dad to get home. When I heard the door, and know that it was him, I was excited. I waited until he reached upstairs, came into our room (my Dad always look in at us when he gets home), I opened my eyes and said "Daddy". Daddy came over and asked why I wasn't asleep yet. I told him I was waiting for him. He laughed and told me to go back to bed.

It's not a very funny story or a heart warming one, but it was my earliest memory with my Dad and it brings me back to a time and place where all I cared about was seeing my parents everyday. Now that I'm older and married, I don't live close to my parents. I don't have the opportunity to see them everyday, but I know that those memories are very precious to me. On this Father's Day, it's not only an excuse to get-together with the family, but also a chance to be grateful.

I remembered we had a rocking horse that our Dad bought for us, but I can't seem to find an image of it anywhere online. However, the following toys will always give me an image of a father giving it to their child and then lifetime of memories will be made.
Giggle Early Rider Lite Bike - $160


Little Sapling Toys Organic Mod Toddler Rocking Horse - $70

No comments :

Post a Comment