Friday, June 3, 2011

top sun protection products

I'm of fair skin and my face is combination, meaning my T-Zone area tend to be the oiliest part of my face. I've been wearing sunscreen (or products with SPF) for a good number of years. I'm no expert, but I've tried enough products out there to know what's best for me.  Now, I would love to share it with others who might be interested.


Resources (left to right):
  • Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer: $42.50 (1.7 oz) This is a great day moisturizer with built-in sun protection. It's 2-in-1, a moisturizer + sun protection. Keeps my skin looking great throughout the day!
  • Supergoop Save Face Serum: $32 (1.7 oz) This serum boasts a SPF 30, but the main special point is the UniProtect PT-3 ingredient. PT-3 provides sun protection, but does not inhibit the absorption of Vitamin D from the sun, which as we all know, is essential to our well being. I typically use it on top of my moisturizer (Clinique Superdefense) on days I know I will need more protection than a daily run to the store. If you hurry-up, Payless Beauty through Amazon is selling this item $15.50 for a limited time.
  • Supergoop SPF30 Sunstick: $14.50 This item is a true life-saver! Why? Because it is compact and simple to use. Just remove the cap and glide on your face or body to replenish some sun protection (as you all know, you must re-apply sun protection about an hour-two out in the sun). Nobody wants to carry a large jar of sunscreen everywhere. This is where this sunstick comes in handy.
  • Blistex Complete Moisture Chapstick w/ SPF 15: $2.50 This is my daily chapstick. I use it even in the winter time. Your lips are so important. Many folks neglect caring for these smuckers! I actually prefer Blistex Herbal Answer (I like the flavor more), but can't seem to find it as easily as the Complete Moisture. Anyhow, just remember, grab a chapstick with SPF15, at least. Any brand is up to your liking.
  • Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50 Moisturizer: $14.99 This is a great face moisturizer with SPF 50 quotient that will work great on sunny days. I use it only when I'm out for an active outdoor event, such as biking, hiking or playing tennis. It has enough protection from both UVA & UVB indexes.
  • Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunblock Lotion w/ Helioplex: $8 Well, this is the best sunblock lotion I've tried for the body. It's not too greasy, so you won't feel like you're slathering oil instead of protection! It's sweatproof & waterproof, so great for active sports. However, you should still re-apply every an hour or two, depending the level of activity.  I don't see the SPF55 on Neutrogena's website anymore, but they have the SPF70 with pretty much the same specs.
Well, the above are just items I used that works great for my face and body. If you're not sure what works best for you, I suggest the following items:
Sephora Sun Safety Kit
  • Every year, prior to Summer, Sephora comes out with their Sun Safety Kit, which comprises of travel sizes of many different brands of sun protection. It's a great way to try different things. They sell out quick, so definitely try to grab it when it hits their stores or online.
Supergoof Weekend Away Kit
  • Supergood Weekend Away Kit: $39.50 This is a great kit since it includes some standard size products.  If you're not sure about which of their items to get, this will be a good kit to try. (Also, since I've named a few of Supergoop's items, I just want to point out that I am in no way affiliated or receive any perks from Supergoop.)
I hope you'll enjoy a summer full of great sunny weather, but remember to always protect your skin for a young and ageless look! Enjoy the weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment