catching on the 30s trend

Remember my post, "Forgotten 30s" back in May 2011? Well, it's quite funny that since that article, I've been seeing more and more 30-somethings in various magazines, including Lucky and Glamour, as I've mentioned in the post. I'm not that full of it to think this is because of my post, but I do think people are getting into the idea that us, 30-something gals has something to offer and to say that may have been neglected in the past. I'm not going to list all the articles I saw with the 30s gal front and center, but I would like to mention the following article from the August 2011 issue of Glamour magazine.

Glamour, August 2011, Turning 30, pp 172-175

As you can see, I love the fact that we don't have to be afraid of the big 3-0. We should be celebrating that it's the time in our lives that we've come into terms with who we are collectively as a group, as a family, and as an individual. We know what we want and what's good for us. There's still room for explorations, but it's all about the fun now. It's about being comfortable in our own skin, in our own minds and being proud of who we've become and who we WILL become.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment