friendships - Quotes

1 John 4:7 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” (NIV)

Hebrews 10:25 “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (NIV)

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis 

Proverbs 10:12  Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. (NIV) 


"No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."  - Francois Mauriac

Encouragement these are for me - as I struggle with the meaning of several friendships I had. Had, past tense. Yes. I understand relationships drifts - sometimes closer together, and some times (or rather many times) away. Understanding and knowing this typical phenomenon in the natural occurrence of things makes it more easy - because that's the way things are. Right? 



However, when someone knowingly acknowledges and tells you that they no longer want you to be a part of their lives, that's when it hits you. That's what makes you wonder, and constantly think about it - Not able to let go, because you know why, and you disagree with the reason. When you know it has nothing to do with you, but by association, you are no longer a part of a person's life. Someone that you had trusted more than a decade with your secrets, your views, and your life, tells you that you no longer will be a part of their lives. It hurts. A sense of disappointment and betrayal surfaces. Yet, you can't bring yourself to blame the other person, because the friendship was real. Love was there, and is still there and because I know the person felt the pain too.  


The love of the friendship left a mark in me. A mark that won't be easy to let go, and I guess that's ok - because that's how God made me. If I say it didn't matter, I'm just lying to myself - and it only meant that I didn't love at all. The truth is, I did. I loved her as a sister, and though it pains me to see her hurt and to feel the sense of emotions she left in me, I understand and accept, though not agreeing, her decision and to fully admit the friendship has taken its course in opposite directions.   And even to this day, more than a year later, I will speak on her behalf if necessary, and continue to wish and pray for her happiness. 


I am trying to not be sadden by a lost of a friend. But to rejoice in the friends I have now. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment