Craving for brunch at home

Lately, I've been craving some brunch menu items, one being my favorite Smoke Salmon Eggs Benedict.  I use to meet my girlfriends at least once a month and grab brunch in the city.  However, since the move, it's been quite some time since I had a good "benny".  So, I've decided to make "brunch" happen at home this morning.  


It is Saturday, and being a good day to sleep in, best time to have "brunch at home".  Now, I'm no
'chef', and I've never been great at poaching eggs (OK, I'm horrible at it).  Just not my specialty at all.  So I've decided to make a batch of smoked salmon egg scramble, served with 1/2 of a toasted english muffin, and a glass of OJ or Bellini (eater's choice).  And boy, did I just satisfied my craving.  The Smoked Salmon Egg Scramble was delicious.  As you can see, the eggs were fluffy and the colors just right, with a little of scallions mixed in.  The texture, the color and the taste was just spot on for a nice breakfast/brunch.  

Easy Smoked Salmon Egg Scramble recipe:
  1. Whisk together, 4 whole large eggs, 4 large egg whites, 1/4 c of unsweeten soy milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. No salt since the smoked salmon will give you the saltiness. (You can use regular milk or water instead of soy milk).
  2. Dice up 2 oz of smoked salmon in 1/2 inch squares.
  3. Dice up scallions (more or less, depending on your preference)
  4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or about 1-1.5 tablespoons of unsalted butter) in a non-stick pan, 
  5. Add egg mixture and cook on low heat.
  6. Using a spatula, mix and scramble.
  7. When the eggs are halfway there, some fluffy scrambled, with still some liquid mixture left, sprinkle the smoked salmon and fold in. 
  8. As all the eggs look fluffed and no liquid mixture left, turn off the heat, and fold in most of the scallions. (Use the rest for a pretty garnish on top).

Easy and yummy.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment