All I want is Christmas

Who likes Christmas stories? If anyone asks me that, I will be raising both my hands up, jumping up and down, saying "Me, Me, Me!!" Yes. That's me. I love Christmas stories because it is a special time of the year, stemming first and foremost the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Christmas is a time of joy, blessings and gifts. It is a time of redemption and forgiveness. It is a time that everything seems to be beautiful. It is not cold, but warm. That is how I see this season.  For this crazy book nerd, you can imagine how I feel about the many great Christmas stories out there. And for someone who loves novellas, the Home for Christmas collection have me smile for days end.

Home for Christmas, a wonderful title that brings to mind home and how it means so much to be home with my family. Thank you, authors, publishers or whoever that came up with this title.  Honestly, the first thing I noticed was one of my favorite authors, Julie Lessman, has a story in there, titled "The Best Gift of All". It took a lot of patience and self-control to not jump to her story and start there. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with the stories by Pam Hillman, Ruth Logan Herne and Janet Deane. In fact, I've read some great stories by Pam Hillman and I've a list of books I want to read from both Pam and Ruth. Janet is the only new order for me, and after "A Daddy for Christmas", I'll be sure to look out for her works too!

This is a great collection, from four very talented and well known Christian authors. The very title of Home for Christmas ignites a coziness in me that just stays warm as I read each of these stories, no matter how chilly it is.


"A Daddy for Christmas" by Janet Dean started off with misunderstanding and an old family grudge. Will a little girl's genuine love be able to heal all wounds?  "Second Chance Christmas" by Ruth Logan Herne brings truth head on by a progressive heroine with her own troubles. "All Aboard: Destination Christmas" by Pam Hillman have our hero and heroine stuck on a stranded train, giving them not only the meaning of Christmas beyond the home, but together with strength of the heart and character, find true meaning of love.  And lastly, but not least, "The Best Gift of All" by Julie Lessman brings fans of Julie's series of the O'Connors family, back to the troubles of married life during the times of the Great Depression.  Desire and passion lead way to honesty and trust. I'm always in awe and in love with how Julie's incorporation of passion feels authentic, especially in today's society.

Even though these stories are historical in setting, the meaning behind it applies very well to us. Each of these stories ties together the meaning of family and the true spirit of Christmas, interweaving faith elements in themes of love, grace, forgiveness, hope and faith.

NOTE:  I've won this collection in a giveaway and was not required to give a review.

                                                                                                                                                                               

ABOUT THE BOOK

There is nothing better than romance unless it's faith-filled romance plus Christmas! Join these multi-published, award-winning and best-selling historical authors as they take you on a joy-filled, old-fashioned sleigh ride full of sweet, happily-ever-after romances, the tried-and-true kind that honor God, love, romance and timeless Christmas spirit!

To Purchase a Copy: Amazon


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy novellas any time of the year, Annie, but there's something extra appealing about them during the Christmas season. There's a couple of authors that I haven't read before in this collection. Hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole. I know just what you mean! Christmas novellas are just wonderful. This collection is available now for $2.99 or if you're part of Kindle Unlimited, FREE. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete