Friday, October 30, 2015

Is it a Dream or is it War?

Wow! Are you kidding me!?! Now this took me completely by surprise. Did I expect anything going into reading The Dreamtreader series by Wayne Thomas Batson? No. Did I like it? Yes, yes, yes.  Here's a little something about the book and the series.

ABOUT THE BOOK
The War for the Waking World
 (Thomas Nelson, October 2015)

Would you be willing to fight for your dreams?

Fifteen-year-old Archer Keaton has the ability to enter and explore his dreams. He is a Dreamtreader, one of three selected from each generation. Their mission: to protect the waking world from the Nightmare Lord who dwells beyond the Slumber Gate. But as Archer's dreams become more dangerous and threatening, so too does his waking life.

In this fast-paced conclusion to the exciting fantasy trilogy, the dream world and the waking world bleed into each other when a rift is formed between the two. People in the real world suddenly find their waking lives resemble their wildest dreams. Now it's up to Archer and his fellow Dreamtreaders to race to reverse the rift before too much damage is done and to battle Archer's ex-best friend, Kara, who sits on the throne of the Nightmare Lord. Kara is building an army of her own. Will Archer be strong enough to stand against her?

Purchase a copy: http://bit.ly/1WfA96S

      

                                                                                                                                                                               

MY THOUGHTS

Yes, you already know that I liked this book. One can even say eventually I might come to love it. Why, you ask?  Let me let you in on a little secret. When I first read The Hunger Games, I was confused, but I enjoyed it. Did I love it? No. Do I love it now. Many times over, YES. It took the second time I read the book, for me to fully appreciate and LOVE it. The Dreamtreaders series is just that. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it by the time I re-read the series.  Like The Hunger Games,  The Dreamtreaders, Book 1 of the series took a little more to get into. There were some confusion in technicality and dreams. It's so ethereal that it took some time, but ultimately and followed through and became so absorb in it. Luckily, I had Book 2, Search for the Shadow Key readily available to continue on. Since I understood the basics already, I was able to immerse my mind throughout the sequence of events in book 2.  And finally, the epic conclusion of this trilogy, War for the Waking Worlds.  
Exciting, heart-pounding, riveting, does not begin to explain what I feel or think of this book.


War of the Waking Worlds is the epic conclusion to the journey of Archer Keaton, the dreamtreader. As his dream world and waking world collide, the danger and adventure that awaits him will tag you along each step of the way. How Mr. Batson brings in themes of faith, friendship and humility brings this story to a conclusion that excites.  I'm loving not only this book, but the series as a whole.  This is a book not just for Young Adult fantasy fans, but also appropriate for upper middle age group, as well as any gender and definitely for an adult that enjoys trekking through stories of dreams and fantasies mixed with fighting and adventure. My recommendation is, if you're interested, start from the beginning.  If it's not what you're expecting as you read The Dreamtreaders, don't give up.  It gets better and better and then like me, you won't be able to stop. So have book 2 and 3 handy. 

NOTE:  I received a complimentary copy of War of the Waking World and e-copies of The Dreamtreaders and Search for the Shadow Key as part of Litfuse Publicity Group's Blog Tour Program. 

                                                                                                                                                                               

ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Wayne Thomas Batson is an American writer. He has been married to his wife, Mary Lu, for seventeen years and has four children. He currently works as a teacher at Folly Quarter Middle School teaching sixth grade English language arts and is the youngest of four children. His most recent series, Dreamtreaders published by Thomas Nelson Inc (2014), is a modern-day paranormal YA adventure dealing with the subject of dreams.

Connect with Wayne:  
websiteFacebook



      

No comments :

Post a Comment