Monday, December 7, 2015

Best Book Gifts from Just Commonly


So as the 2nd week of December begins, have you done all your shopping? Well, if you haven't, here's a few of my "Best Gifts" categories/genres to grab. To qualify, these books were all read and reviewed by me and first released in 2015.  If you've already finished with your shopping, still check this out. Your recipient (or yourself) will thank you. For my original review of each book, click on the title of the book.


Best Cookbook 


Author:  Michael Symon
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Release Date: September 22, 2015

  




Best Politics Book


Author:  William J. Bennett & T.E. Cribb
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Release Date: September 22, 2015

      





Best Devotional / Bible Study / Self-Help


Author:  Valerie Woerner
Publisher: Nyree Press
Release Date: September 8, 2015

   


Author:  John Mason
Publisher:  Revell 
Release Date:  September 15, 2015

      

Author:  Glynnis Whitwer
Publisher:  Revell 
Release Date:  August 18, 2015

      


Best Memoir


Title:  Just Show Up
Author:  Kara Tippetts & Jill Lynn Buteyn
Publisher:  David C Cook
Release Date:  October, 2015

      


Best Mystery / Suspense

Title:  Miracle Drug
Author:  Richard Mabry M.D.
Publisher:  Abingdon Press
Release Date:  September 15, 2015

      





Best Book Storybook for Kids


Author: Robert Beatty
Publisher:  Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: July 14, 2015

  






Best YA (also Best Book to Turn into a Movie! I won't be surprised if it will.)


Title:  The One Thing
Author: Marci Lyn Curtis
Publisher:  Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: November 1, 2015

  





Best Amish Fiction


Author:  Shelley Shepard Gray
Publisher: Avon Inspire
Release Date: September 15, 2015


      






Best Christmas Fiction


Author:  Cynthia Ruchti
Publisher: Worthy Inspired
Release Date: October 13, 2015

      





Best Contemporary Fiction


Author: Camille Pagán
Publisher:  Lake Union Publishing
Release Date: November 1, 2015

  




Best Contemporary Inspirational Fiction
Author:  Victoria Bylin
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: 

      

Author:  Margaret Daley
Publisher: Love Inspired
Release Date: 

      


Author:  Denise Hunter
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: 

      




Best Historical Inspirational Fiction


Author:  Kristi Ann Hunter
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: September 8, 2015

      





Title:  A Worthy Pursuit
Author:  Karen Witemeyer
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: May, 2015


      



Title:  Not by Sight
Author:  Kate Breslin
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: August, 2015


      





Best Series (and for a Laugh)


Series: A Class of Their Own #1
Title:  After a Fashion
Author:  Jen Turano
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: March, 2015

      



Series: A Class of Their Own #2
Title:  In Good Company
Author:  Jen Turano
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: June, 2015

      



Series: A Class of Their Own #3
Title:  Playing the Part
Author:  Jen Turano
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: March, 2016***

      





Best Inspirational Overall - A Must-Read & Must-Buy


Title:  Isle of Hope
Author: Julie Lessman
Publisher: Self
Release Date: November 3, 2015

   




Happy Shopping! 

19 comments :

  1. Great list, Annie. It was fun browsing through the books. Some I've read, but several of these I have not. Adding them to my list now. ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Savanna for dropping by. Some decisions were difficult to narrow down. These are so good, I am actually adding the print copies to my library if I do think already have them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNIE!!! OH. MY. GOODNESS -- you absolutely BLEW me away with this, my friend!!! Needless to say, since you tagged me, I was hoping (and praying) to see my name in the contemporary section, but to see it as "Best Inspirational Overall - A Must-Read & Must-Buy" -- HOLY COW, talk about making my day and probably my week, my friend, so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!

    Hugs and more hugs!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, your enthusiasm in everything you do and write inspires me more ways than one. Thank you for dropping by! You and your books always bring out so many emotions from me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some wonderful books on your list, Annie - thank you!! It goes without saying (to anyone who knows my passion for Julie Lessman's books)- I totally agree with your assessment of "Isle of Hope", it appears - by the reviews - we're not the only readers who feel this way. Julie's passion and enthusiasm is contagious, isn't it?? She really knows how to "wring" the gamut of emotions from her readers, inspiring them with her beautiful quotes and storyline - along the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, thanks for much for including Not By Sight on your list of Best Gifts! And what great list it is, I've already included Julie Lessman's Isle of Hope and few other titles in my letter to Santa. ;) Blessings to you and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bonnie! I'm happy to know it's not my own little overly fanatic love for Julie's books, but that others find it so as well! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, thank you for stopping by. I truly enjoyed Not by Sight and it will be a book I will re-read for fun! =) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, Thank you so much for including Just Show Up on your list! What a huge honor. I also agree with so many of these choices! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Jill for stopping by. It was my pleasure to get to know you and Kara a little through Just Show Up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Annie! Thank you again for including my series - what a wonderful surprise to see my ladies on your list:) Have a very Merry Christmas. ~ Jen ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie, thanks for the fabulous list! SO many great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jen. I love your ladies! They're hilarious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Caryl. They are all so great! I will definitely be keeping them handy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This a fantastic list. Most I have read and others that I definitely plan to read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved A Worthy Pursuit and look forward to reading all the historical books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clue Eighteen: I'd love to get the 1st and 3rd Jen Turano books for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 18. Best Book Gifts for Christmas - Tell me which book is on your list.
    Not by Sight by Kate Breslin ~ Historical Fiction is my very favorite genre. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to get all of those historical fiction books and the Christmas and Jen Turano and Victoria Bylin and Denise Hunter!! Great list here! I'm so blessed to already have Isle of Hope!!!

    ReplyDelete