What mystery & mayhem do we have in store?
Did you get the chance to read the note from Anonymous to Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey & Lynette Eason, authors of the novella collection, Sins of the Past? If you haven't, head on over to Bethany House and find out how you can help! Just click on the image below. Scroll on down for this stop's clue!
I'm excited to be part of this tour. At this stop, besides finding the unique clue to unmasking our victim, you'll also get to learn about Dani & Lynette's Top 5 Literary Crime Fighters! Well, let's get on it, starting with Dani!
1. U.S. Marshall Marcus O’Malley from Dee Henderson’s The Guardian: Marcus is astute, kind and calmly handles even the most frightening of situations with professionalism and ease. He has a heart for his family, is loyal beyond measure, and wears his heart on his sleeve.
2. Sheriff Landon Grainger from Shattered by me: Landon grew up with a criminal for a father so his pursuit of justice for a living holds special and deep importance to him. He’s passionate, fiery, and intense at times. In other moment’s he’s as gentle and loving as can be, especially when it comes to the beautiful Piper McKenna.
3. Sherlock Holmes from The Hounds of Baskerville by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: Brilliant, eclectic, unique, with a mind made for solving puzzles, there was no way my list would be complete without the infamous Sherlock Holmes. He’s gruff, elegant, strange, and yet compelling from the first page.
4. Kinsey Millhone from Sue Grafton’s Alphabet series: I adore Kinsey and the weird thing is I don’t know why. She isn’t necessarily someone I’d picture myself being friends with. We have zero in common. She lives alone, isn’t into kids, sleeps with a gun under her pillow (I keep mine someplace far less obvious), and eats peanut butter and pickle sandwiches—yuck! However, there’s an innate quality she possesses that makes me root unequivocally for her and her happily ever after. Oh, and we both kill plants.
5. Nancy Drew from Nancy Drew Mysteries by Carolyn Keene: The teenage sleuth I grew up reading about. Nancy’s bright, spunky, wise and possesses some mad crime fighting skills. She’s a good friend, daughter and girlfriend. She truly cares about others and in seeing the perpetrator brought to justice. She’s a big part of why I write romantic suspense.
Definitely some great ones here! Classic and recent. What about Lynette's?
1. Patrick Bowers by Steven James - Patrick is an FBI Behavioral Analyst who is struggling to keep his professional life from bleeding over into his home life. Literally. I just like him.
2. Jack Reacher by Lee Child - because he's cool and always wins.
3. Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie - because he's old, brilliant and Belgian. In other words, not a typical crime fighter. :)
4. Maddy McKay - she belongs to me. :) I love Maddy. She's a total overcomer. She's taken a lot of hard hits and had been knocked down to the point you would think she'd just give up. But she doesn't. She keeps getting back up and when she does, she comes up swinging. I think you'll like her. Unfortunately, you won't get to meet her until about a year from now when she makes her appearance in Moving Target. :)
5. Michael Bennett - by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge - Michael is a homicide detective with the NYPD. He's also a single father of ten children since his wife died from cancer. Michael is an awesome crime fighter. He's funny, he's charming, he's smart. And one can really relate to his character. My favorite scene is when he comes home to find most of his kids throwing up with the flu. He just comes across as a real guy. And I like that.
Ah. Some new ones to me here, but worth a look if Lynette considers them top crop crime fighters! Now, let's take a look at their collection and a little more about Dani & Lynette. And don't forget the mystery clue below!
Title: Sins of the Past
Author: Dee Hendersen, Dani Pettrey, Lynette Eason
Publisher: Bethany House
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Genre: Christian Fiction /Romantic Suspense
Three Novellas from Bestselling Authors
In Dee Henderson's "Missing," a Wyoming sheriff is called to Chicago when his elderly mother goes missing. Paired with a savvy Chicago cop, the two realize her disappearance is no accident, and a race against the clock begins.
Dani Pettrey returns to Alaska with "Shadowed," introducing readers to the parents of her beloved McKenna clan. Adventure, romance, and danger collide when a young fisherman nets the body of an open-water swimming competitor who may actually be a possible Russian defector.
Lynette Eason's "Blackout" delivers the story of a woman once implicated in a robbery gone wrong. The loot has never been found--but her memory of that night has always been unreliable. Can she remember enough to find her way to safety when the true culprit comes after her?
TO PURCHASE A COPY
Dani Pettrey is a wife, mom, grandma, and the author of Cold Shot, the first book in the Chesapeake Valor series, and the Alaskan Courage romantic suspense series, which includes her bestselling novels Submerged, Shattered,Stranded, Silenced, and Sabotaged. Her books have been honored with the Daphne du Maurier award, two HOLT Medallions, a Christy Award nomination, two National Readers’ Choice Awards, the Gail Wilson Award of Excellence, and Christian Retailing’s Best Award, among others.
She feels blessed to write inspirational romantic suspense because it incorporates so many things she loves—the thrill of adventure, nail-biting suspense, the deepening of her characters’ faith, and plenty of romance. She and her husband reside in Maryland, where they enjoy time with their two daughters, a son-in-law, and a super adorable grandson.
Lynette Eason is the best selling, award winning author of the Women of Justice Series, the Deadly Reunions series, Hidden Identity series and the newly releasing Elite Guardians series. She writes for Revell and Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line. Her books have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists. She has won several awards including the 2013 Carol Award for WHEN A HEART STOPS in the Romantic Suspense category. Lynette teaches at writing conferences all over the country. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA).
MYSTERY AND MAYHEM UPDATE: This photo was sent to Lynette Eason’s phone this morning with the text: “From a FB page…but not the kidnapping victim’s page.” The phone number of the sender was unknown, but it had an Indiana area code. When Lynette called back, she got a generic voicemail. (Please don’t give away which character you eliminated from the list of potential victims so other readers can enjoy the fun! If you want to know what the Mystery and Mayhem tour is all about, go here.) [Blog Clue 1]