The Book(ish) Box by Appraising Pages June 2016 Unboxing Reveal + Review



So, as I've said yesterday, I'm catching up with my box subscription reveals.  Today, it's The Book(ish) Box by Appraising Pages' turn.  If you remember, last month's theme was Harry Potter, and boy was it FANTASTIC!  Here's a little reminder of it:


Isn't it gorgeous? I've almost used every one of those items (still waiting for the perfect moment for the bath salts)!  So, after last month's spectacular first box, what do you think we have in store for June? 

Here's a little group shot for this month's theme, Classic Novels:




FIRST, a little about The Book(ish) Box by Appraising Pages.  It is a monthly subscription box of all things bookish, but not books themselves. It always includes a T-shirt designed by Appraising Pages, and some items in the beauty and home category, or just simply bookish.  Subscription starts at $29.99 + shipping. Pre-pay 3,6,9 or 12 months subscriptions will give you a discount. Now, back to this month's box theme.  Starting the month of July, they've included a plan where it does not include the T-shirt, but just the bookish items for smaller price point. What that is, I forgot. (I'll be sure to add it once I find it!)

NOW THE BOX! Apparently, I forgot to take a pic of the outside box by itself. At least you'll catch a glimpse of it in the group shots, and I did remember the card!

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." - Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey


I always like reading the box card, since it has a quote related to the month's theme.

NEXT, the tee by Appraising Pages. This one's from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass. 


I really do like the quality of the tees from Appraising Pages. Of course, the designs always one of the kind and reminiscent of my favorite reads.  This month, I received a charcoal gray. What do you think? Isn't it whimsically fun, just looking at it?!

NEXT, we have the lovely The Great Gatsby notebook from Bugaboo Bear Designs.


Isn't that pretty? Love the font, love the quote, love the material and love the size. It's made of recycled paper, 5x7 in size and it's lined in the inside. 

THEN, the Persuasion magnetic bookmark.  "You pierce my soul.  I am half agony, half hope." 

 

In a pretty chartreuse green. Persuasion, being my second favorite Jane Austen novel, this will be used for sure. =)

Whew! Looks like we're going on for some more!

NOW, a cute Ampersand Ring by A Cute Geek.



Yes, definitely another keeper!!!

And FINALLY, a pair of Alice in Wonderland socks from Out of Print. I just LOVE their socks, and almost everything else!




VERDICT:  The Book(ish) Box by Appraising Pages manages to keep me guessing and in love with their monthly items.  Though the push on social media was understated this month, I still think this was a classy month. *wink wink.

The July them is fantasy, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that will work out. So many subscription boxes are doing the Peter Pan theme, so I sure hope it won't be clashed with others. Either way, from 2 months worth, I have trust in Appraising Pages to give us something unique and refreshing.  Just to let you know, the July box is sold out. The August box will be available for sale on July 1st. So if you really want to jump on The Book(ish) Box bandwagon, mark your calendars!

Here's a full shot of everything this month (books are mine)!



NOTE:  There may be affiliate or referral links on this post. Thank you. 

Now, head on over to my Bookish Boxes page for more box subscriptions reviews and posts!





                                                                                                                                                                      


Book of the Month Summer Survival Kit + $5 off 3 month memberships with code SSK5 (click on the image below)

 Supply Pod from Outer Places

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I am anxiously awaiting my HP box lol! And I think I am going to have to jump on this wagon long term...I am loving this stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete