Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Books & Tea = Novel Tea Tins

Today, I'm going to talk about something a little different. (You know I like to pull something like this once in a while!)  As some of you know, I'm an avid reader, a bibliophile and a coffee & tea drinker. I just can't decide if I prefer coffee or tea while reading. I guess it really depends on my mood and the book I'm reading.  Today, my mood is all about tea. Why? Because of these lovely renditions of classics:

Image from Novel Tea Tins

Aren't these just gorgeous?!! I first learned about them from a 2 oz sample of The Picture of Earl Grey in the May 2016 Uppercase subscription box.  (Don't you just love the puns they used to titled each tea?)  Following the aromatic and yummy sample, I checked out their social media and fell in love with the images. Of course, I already knew one of their tea was delish, so I'm sure the others were just as delightful. However, knowing me, and my schedule, I didn't get around to placing an order, and WALA! A Kickstarter campaign started for a new collection of teas & tins during my procrastination.




Image from Novel Tea Tins


Did you see that??!!! 

And did you see the one on the far right??!!!


Yes, Pride & Peppermint. Another tidbit about yours truly, I'm a HUGE fan of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. I just can't help it, and I love ALL things P&P.  So when I saw Pride & Peppermint, I was sold. It also helps that the tin designs are just quite pretty.  Here's one of their in-progress designs.

Image from Novel Tea Tins' Kickstarter page

There is a slight drawback. I'm NOT a huge fan of peppermint tea. Yep, it's the truth. I find it too strong with a slight bitter aftertaste. It's weird, since normally I like peppermint flavors, but when it comes to tea, nope. Not at all.  "But the tin is so pretty," you say. So true.

With all that said, I still went ahead and backed their Kickstarter program knowing full well that if they don't reach their goal, I might not get my tea unless they are able to put it into production without the backing.  I figured I can easily gift the tea away and just keep the tin, right?! Well, I've decided to brave it, and asked Novel Tea Tins for a sample. Jorgen from Novel Tea Tins responded within a day and was so nice to send me a teabag sample of Pride & Peppermint.


The teabag itself was pretty and you can see it's a blend of peppermint and some flowers. I didn't look up the ingredients until after I drank it, not wanting to influence my thoughts. And the verdict?

I actually LIKE it! 

I'm a tad bit surprised myself too. It's a light version, and I think it's because it is a mint + floral blend. It is smooth and perfect balance of chamomile and peppermint. The surprise came in the rooibos (the red flakes in the tea bag). Rooibos tends to be on the "nutty" side and robust in flavor, but I'm not tasting much of it here.  In all, I really like it and enjoyed sipping it with a browse through my favorite copy of Pride & Prejudice. The color was also very pretty. That's two out of two teas I've tried from Novel Tea Tins, and I liked them both. For someone who's tried many many variety of teas and tea blends, that says something. 



A little more about the tea - it doesn't have a bitter aftertaste and the floral notes kept it reminiscent of Longbourn or the fields of Pemberley. Either way, I'm thrilled to say, I'm keeping my Pride & Peppermint, tea & tin when it gets here.  If you want to get your hands on it or any of the Original Collection or the new British Collection, check out their Kickstarter page. There are a variety of different pledges starting at $25 that would be great for any tea and/or book lover.  Just click on the image below to take you there (or any of the Kickstarter links above).


HURRY, there's only 4 days left!


Books & Tea, always.


                                                                                                                                                                      


4 comments :

  1. I am not a fan of peppermint tea either. But this sounds good! And yes...I want that whole collection haha!!! Going to check out the kick starter page now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE tea and these collections are AWESOME! Thank you so much for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for dropping by! I'm so sorry for lack of response lately! It's been a hectic month. After August!

    ReplyDelete