Happy weekend! Did you like the mini reviews of the 2016 boxes earlier today? Well, I'm going to finish this weekend up with both the January and February 2017 box from The Bookish Box.
January's theme is Book to Musical
"I clash with everything." - Elphaba, Wicked
My Thoughts: This was also a so so box for me. A tad bit underwhelmed as I had high hopes, being a musical fan myself. The earrings are cool, and I do like earrings. the shirt was rather simple. But that bath bomb sure smells good! I do wonder though why all the bath bombs I've seen in boxes are all glittery?? However, you MUST check out this bath bomb inspired by Wicked. It dissolves and turn the water black, but it is soooo soft for the skin. Wicked indeed.
- Tee inspired by Hamilton, the Musical from Appraising Pages - $20
- Bookish Notes 2017 from Appraising Pages – $7 (there's a quote from different musicals for each month)
- Currently Reading planner stickers from Appraising Pages - $2
- Bookmark, quote from Les Miserables from LexyOlivia – $8
- Hamilton, the Musical earrings from Tanglewood Lane Crafts - $5
- Wicked Inspired Bath Bomb from Michael Kelly and Co. - $6.50
Total estimate value is around $48.50. A little low on the value scale, but still over the $29.99 cost of the box plus $8 shipping. And many of the shops will charge you additional shipping.
February - Galentine's Day
"My lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies!" - Leslie Knope, Parks & Recreation
- Tee inspired by The Perks of Being a Wallflower from Appraising Pages - $20 (on their card, it says value is $28)
- Best Book Friend Button Pins from Jar of Buttons – $4.50
- Fangirl Nerd Glasses necklace from Appraising Pages - $8
- Bookmark, quote from Anne of Green Gables from LexyOlivia – $8 ($7 on their card, but shop is $8) - love this quote.
- Mug inspired from The Raven Boys from Drop & Give Me Nerdy - $15
Total estimate value is around $55.50 ($63.50 according to their value).
What do you think? I'm all caught up with The Bookish Box! The Bookish Box is one of my favorite subscription boxes as you can see, I have every month since May of last year. There are hit or misses, but in general, I like most of their items and I get to check out new shops!
To subscribe, click on any of the images or HERE. As a subscriber, every 3 referrals subscribed, you get a free month. Or if you want to check out my other reviews of The Bookish Box, click HERE (or wherever you see the image below).
NOTE: There are referral / affiliate links on this post. Thank you.