Author Interview: Laurie Tomlinson, author of With No Reservations

We have Laurie Tomlinson here today! Stop by and say hello!



Laurie Tomlinson is an award-winning contemporary romance author and cheerleader for creatives. She believes that God’s love is unfailing, anything can be accomplished with a good to-do list, and that life should be celebrated with cupcakes and extra sprinkles. Her novella That’s When I Knew was featured in the Love at First Laugh collection, and her debut novel, With No Reservations, releases in May 2017 from Harlequin Heartwarming. 

TO CONNECT WITH LAURIE: Website | Facebook | Instagram 




Just Commonly  Q&A with Laurie Tomlinson

Hi Laurie! Welcome to Just Commonly! It's so nice to meet you. This book community have truly blessed me with friendship and meeting authors that are new to me, like yourself. Tell us a little about you.

What kind of books or subject matter do you write?
I write both clean and inspirational contemporary romance for 20s and 30s women.
Can you tell us a little about what you're working on currently?
Two projects are currently in the works, and I will announce those as soon as I can share about them. *Sneaky shifty eyes* 
How about your upcoming release, With No Reservations?
It’s the story of a popular food blogger whose life is much less charming/idyllic than on the screen plus a high-profile millionaire-turned-chef torn between his newfound passion for cooking and his duty to his family’s corporation. Throw in painful pasts, a restaurant launch, and an unlikely chemistry, and you have the ingredients for With No Reservations!
What was your inspiration? What made you think you had to write this story?
Both characters are struggling with their pasts and not living life to the fullest. Even though it’s a clean general market romance, I wrote it with healing and John 10:10 in mind: “A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.”
Which part of the book is your favorite? Can you share a line/paragraph (without a spoiler)?
“This is for you if you ever need a workspace. I had no idea it would come in handy this soon.”
He’d arranged a bouquet of colored pens in a chunky ceramic mug printed with the Simone logo. Paper clips, Post-it notes and bigger notepads were lined neatly in one corner, arranged by color. A flutter of picture-perfect giddiness set loose in Sloane’s stomach. Bottles of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes occupied the other corner.
“It’s not much, but—”
“It’s perfect.”
Their eyes held for less than a second, charged with a rushing revelation for Sloane.
Cooper had been paying attention. And, despite all the weirdness, he got her.
Let's chat about you. What book besides yours of 2017 that you are most excited for?
Oh, man. So hard to pick. My writing sisters’ impending book releases are the source of countless happy dances. Anne Love’s debut novella releases in the Of Rags and Riches Romance Collection with Barbour, Kara Isaac’s next novel Then There Was You releases this summer, and Jaime Jo Wright’s debut romantic suspense split-story The House on Foster Hill with Bethany is coming in December!
What are you currently reading?
Never Unfriended by Lisa-Jo Baker. She is my online-BFF-big-sister-I-never-had with so much wisdom and truth in her work.
What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
Look at my phone and try to slow my heart rate after waking to a small child’s face in my face.
What is your favorite city?
I got to visit Seattle last year and want to go back ASAP. *Swoon* But I also love Austin and Colorado Springs.
Coffee or Tea?
Definitely tea! I’m a fan of Oregon Chai or Wildberry Zinger from Celestial Seasonings.
Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate!
Print or ebooks?
If I had to choose? Print, but ebooks definitely make reading easier on the go. Most of my reading happens on the treadmill or in my driveway with a baby asleep in the backseat.
Chips or popcorn?
White cheddar popcorn, please!
And last, can you give us 5 random facts about you?
  1. I’m an ENFJ on the Myers-Briggs.
  2. My favorite word in the English language is collaborate.
  3. I love math and science and am debating going back to school to become a nurse when my kids are older.
  4. My husband is my favorite person, and he is nine years older!
  5. I’m a die-hard Texas Longhorns fan living in Oklahoma.

Thank you, Laurie! Truly nice to meet you and I look forward to reading With No Reservations!



Title:  With No Reservations
Author: Laurie Tomlinson
Publisher:  Harlequin Heartwarming
Release Date:  May 9, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Fiction

There can be more than comfort in food… 

What could well-known and wealthy Graham Cooper Jr. have in common with a blogger like Sloane Bradley, a woman with secrets she's kept firmly out of the public eye? That is, besides a love of food. Sloane still can't believe Cooper's the chef at the restaurant she's been assigned to promote. But she's boiling to prove to him that her "little blog" can put his place on the map. She can also fall head over heels for the guy, who has secrets of his own, it turns out…except for one thing. She can't get past the post-traumatic stress disorder that keeps her walled up in her home studio. 

TO PURCHASE A COPY OR ADD IT ON GOODREADS

     
Barnes & Noble | Harlequin.com

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks so much for hosting me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie for taking time to stop by!

      Delete
  2. Laurie, your book sounds very interesting. And you have introduced me to a new popcorn. White Cheddar, wow, have to check this out too! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete